As caregivers, maintaining a healthy diet is so important to feeling your best physically and emotionally. It’s understandable that for many caregivers, finding the time to prepare a home-cooked meal every day can be a challenge.
Depending on your situation, using a prepared meal delivery service can benefit you, as the caregiver, as well as the person receiving care.
When you’re a caregiver you need to be at your best in order to provide care for another person and to manage everything that comes with that responsibility. It can be a huge stress reliever to know that a meal that is both healthy and tasty will be available, in your own kitchen, whenever you, or the person in your care, are ready to eat.
The Living Kitchen is a Toronto-based company that provides healthy meals delivered to your door.
At the Living Kicthen, holistic nutritionists work alongside chefs to develop healthy menu plans that feature whole, unprocessed and anti-inflammatory foods. Depending on your situation, using a prepared meal delivery service can benefit you, as the caregiver, as well as the person receiving care.
The Living Kitchen offers a number of services, in addition to their healthy meal delivery service, including:
- Personal holistic chef: A chef will come to your home once a week and work with your dietary needs to create a custom healthy menu plans for the week. The chef will shop for the fresh ingredients, prepare the healthy meals, and even clean up your kitchen afterwards.
- Dietary online classes: Classes are taught in the form of 30-day challenges. Recent detoxes include the Sugar Detox, The Alkaline Diet, and The Gluten Free challenge.
- Consulting: A holistic nutritionist will examine things like your diet, stress level, and emotional health to create a customized plan for better health.
- Monthly detox plan: Each month a new healthy detox plan will be offered.
- Public speaking: You can book an interactive seminar that can be customized to suit the needs and interests of your organization or group. “Lunch n’ learns” can feature interactive cooking tutorials and/or presentations about health and nutrition.
- Cooking classes: Classes are offered in the GTA and provide detailed information on a specified detox diet cleanse.
- Support after the detox: Ongoing support after you complete a detox, to help you stay on track.
Cancer Care – Meals for people living with cancer
The Living Kitchen offers a special cancer care meal program for those currently in or recovering from cancer treatment.
Meals specifically designed for people living with cancer are created to provide optimal nutritional support for the body while you are undergoing cancer treatments such as chemotherapy or radiation.
Healthy menu plans are scheduled by taking into consideration the common side effects of cancer treatments like nausea, fatigue, loss or change in appetite, and weight fluctuations.
The Living Kitchen prepares cancer patient meals that are easy to digest, loaded with nutritional ingredients, and taste good.
Cancer meal ingredients are:
- Rich in antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients
- Dairy free
- High in fiber
- Organic as much as possible
- Low glycemic
- Free of refined sugar/refined grain
The Living Kitchen provides clients with healthy meal plans to nourish their bodies and to enable clients with the knowledge to continue to eat well and live a healthy lifestyle.
There will be times while caregiving, that you just don’t have the time or energy to plan healthy meals. That’s where a healthy meal delivery service, like that provided by The Living Kitchen, can help you out.
Would you use a prepared meal delivery service?
You might also like our article on dining out with diabetes.